Download a printable PDF of this newsletter HERE.
What You Need to Know…
Good communication is important to us! As we continue to navigate our way through our state’s different phases, back to a new normal, we want you to know…
There are TWO main ways we communicate:
- The AC3 Church Center App – You can now find links to our Sunday Livestreams, sermon podcasts, our website, and Rick’s Ask Anything Blog! You can also click on app icons to view small groups, our calendar, online giving, and upcoming events including ACE, our new After Class Enrichment program. Here’s how to download your own AC3 Church Center app!
- Our AC3 Website – Here you’ll find updates and important information as well as key leader blog posts you won’t want to miss!
Website Tip: Follow the Visitor track to learn more about AC3. Take the Attender track to connect with us and our ministries.
APOCALYPTIC: Are we living in ends times? Pastor Rick will walk us through the book of Revelations as we make sense of end-times nonsense, the coming troubles, and the eventual return of the King. Join us in the building Sundays at 10am or on the 10am Facebook Livestream. Kreek Kids is available Sundays onsite for K-5th grades.
- HALLOWEEN: Wondering what to do this year for Halloween that is safe and fun? Join us for the A ‘MAZE’ ing Revelation, a TOUCHLESS TRICKS FOR TREATS EVENT! Invite a few friends personally and/or share this Facebook event on your page.
Fun for the whole family! Families will stay in their cars until their A-MAZE-ing number is called. As families enter the building, they will follow the dots thru the maze to different Revelation Stations. When simple tasks are completed, touchless candy will be sent down a chute and right into each child’s bag. You’ll also receive a clue at each station to solve a final puzzle at the end of the Maze. Solve the puzzle and your family will be entered into a drawing for a $100 Amazon gift card! A prize will also be given for the BEST Revelation inspired costume. Questions? Email us!
Masks and social distancing will be practiced.
If you are able, we’d LOVE to have you donate one bag of candy toward this event. Just drop it off Sunday or at the church office between 10:30-5:30pm MON-THUR.
- ACE ELECTIVES: Our After Class Enrichment classes will give local students a chance to learn something new, interact with others in-person safely, and get out of the house! Parents will benefit by having a short break to go for coffee, shop, etc. knowing their students are in a safe environment.
Some students simply need an internet connection so they can complete their homework. So alongside our electives, ACE is opening the loft to a safe and limited number of students who need internet access.
View ACE classes and register HERE as space is limited.
- BECAUSE OF YOUR GENEROSITY: More than $10,000 has been shared with our international partners and local community charities to help those most affected by this pandemic. Thank you so much for your faithful giving. You are making a difference!
- SEEDS SPACE: Because of changes to our Seeds of Grace program and a big reduction in clientele, we have reduced our space needs and we no longer rent the space that was being used as a food bank. This has been a reduction of approx..$900 a month in our budget.
WE NEED YOU!
- DON’T HAVE KIDS?? We’d love your help at our A ‘MAZE’ ing Revelation event. We need YOU to join us on 10/31 6-8pm to man a station and help make this an a-maze-ing event for our whole community! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help. Youth helpers are welcome!
- Have the gift of hospitality? Become an ACE Building Host. We’re also looking for a handful of AC3 adults to serve as building hosts on either Monday nights or Thursday nights. (Biggest Host need is currently Thursdays) Hosts greet ACE students and families, provide directions, limited supervision for students using internet access, and generally be a welcoming presence. Interested? Contact Twila@ac3.org!
- Do you have the gift of Helps? Become an ACE Class Helper.
- Serve off-site and provide Community Support. Several opportunities have been brought to our attention via Housing Hope, the YMCA, and the Marysville fire department which will help serve our community. If you have time to donate, contact us at email@example.com and we will give you more information on how you can get involved.
- Got bookkeeper skills? We’re looking for you! AC3 is looking for a part-time bookkeeper. Paid. For additional info, send an email to Rick at Rick@ac3.org or to the Board firstname.lastname@example.org.
WAYS TO CONNECT
- COVID 19:00: Every night except Saturday you can find one of our leaders on Facebook live at 7pm leading us thru a short devotional thought and then praying for any requests that people post in the chat as well as the needs in our church, city, state, and world.
- E-GROUPS: Community is important and we want to make sure everyone at AC3 has access to a group of ‘walking buddies’ for this crazy thing called life. E-groups are small groups that help AC3er’s extend their faith into everyday living. These groups spend time reviewing the previous week’s sermon using a fun and engaging outline. They also have time to get to know each other and share prayer requests. Find the one that’s right for you using our app or at ac3.org!
THE NEXT GENERATION (0-18 YEARS)
KREEK KIDS: Each Sunday we are running class for our K-5th graders during our 10am service. Strong safety measures, distancing and masks are in effect to create a place that is safely together and allows the kids a chance to laugh and learn and socialize all while doing a walk-thru of The Greatest Story Ever told. Be sure to check it out if you have K-5th grade kids.
YOUTH: We were sad to accept the resignation of Braden Crain as our youth director this Fall. Her health and family circumstances led her to prayerfully decide she needed to step down.
Take a peek at our celebration video honoring Braeden’s amazing years in youth ministry; Morph and RELIC. Thank you B for all you’ve done and still do at AC3!
In the interim, our amazing youth volunteers have stepped up and our youth group is going Small for the Fall! With current health concerns and restrictions, we are moving to a small group format for the time being. Pastor Rick is working with our youth leadership team to create the best plan to move forward. That way, students will still have an outlet and a safe place to connect, voice struggles, have fun, and talk about Jesus. These small groups will include 4-5 students and a trusted youth leader where they can meet twice-a-month and live life together.
If you haven’t yet, expect a call from a youth group leader in the near future to check in with you about some changes the youth is undergoing and to check-in to see how you feel about having your kiddos meet in-person again.
So glad we’re in this together! Let’s continue to reach out to others…one heart at a time. ❤
AC3 Elders, Board, and Staff – Meet the Team