In our mission to be a safe church for seekers, we sometimes hear those attending say that they don’t know who someone is. We want you to get to know the faces you see around AC3 . We are starting with the Triad, and last time we introduced you to Nate Crain. Next up, we have Twila Crain, who is one of our staff members highly involved with Kreek Kids, Seeds of Grace, and she has many other responsibilities around AC3.
- How I clear my mind after a challenging day:
Usually, eat too much and watch a few TV shows.
- Advice to a person of faith dealing with a broken relationship with their church:
Don’t get mad, get busy. Get busy discovering your part in the brokenness and talking to those in the brokenness with you. Read an applicable book or two and seek wise counsel from those that can help fix or advise next steps for your specific situation.
- When I declared I was going to walk along with God, instead of away from him:
I was about 5 years old. I remember walking down the aisle at the First Baptist Church in Colorado Springs. This historic church building is still being met in by believers today.
- Moment I saw significant change in my servant life:
Probably when I created a personal mission statement; To live life fully, faithfully and fruitfully. That’s the shortened version.
Twila and her husband, Tracy
- How we found our way to AC3:
An AC3er suggested we invite our sister-in-law, who was looking for a local church within 20 minutes from her home to check out AC3. We visited AC3 with her a few times, our kids loved it and we’ve been here ever since.
- Advice I’d give to Younger Me:
There will always be someone smarter, richer, funnier, skinnier, prettier and more popular than you. Just be your true self, the one who God created you to be.
- Gifting I most admire:
Those with a shepherding gift.
- What I tell others about serving:
Just do it. Don’t wait until you decide exactly what you want to do or you’ll miss the joy in the journey getting there.
- 3 disciplines/habits that keep me connected to community:
Serving, attending services regularly, involved in small group and mentoring relationships.
- 3 disciplines/habits that keep me connected to God:
Listening to or reading the Daily Bread devotional, listening to a variety of worship music and podcasts relating to issues I’m dealing with at the time.
- What book left a lasting impression on you?
When Helping Hurts
- Marvel or DC?
I marvel over a lot of things and would love to visit DC😊
- Beach or Mountains? Why?
Twila, Tracy, and (L-R) son Nate, daughter-in-law Amanda, daughter-in-law Braeden,son Brandon
Beach. Water and sun feed my soul.
- Favorite season? Why?
Summer. The odds increase for warmer and sunny weather.
- You have a day with NOTHING planned and no responsibilities! What do you do?
Watch TV, shop at thrift stores, drink coffee and each chocolate
- What is the last thing you binge-watched?
Worst Cooks in America (yep, I know…)
- Morning person or night owl?
Neither but my bent has been night owl over the years.